There is something wonderful about a yard that is creatively and beautifully landscaped. Unfortunately, for many people achieving that picture perfect yard is only something about which to dream. After all, that perfect yard takes a great deal of work and time and many just don’t have those items in bulk. However, there is an alternative – you can hire a professional landscaping company to not only help you create the yard of your dreams, but to continue the maintenance so that you can make the most of the time you have to enjoy your yard.
But what should you anticipate when working with a landscaping company? If you have never talked to a professional landscaping team, then chances are, you have a few questions. For instance: Should you already have a plan or will they create one for you? How long will the project take? And, what types of plants will be needed?
These are great questions – so here are the responses to those and others.
· Should you already have a plan or will they create one for you? This is entirely your call. You may opt to approach a landscaping company with a design in place or they can come to your home and through a series of question combined with the layout of your yard.
· How long will the project take? This will depend on the scope of your work and the landscaper’s schedule. However, keep in mind that most landscapers have more than one job going on at a time and they may have to rotate where they are working on a given day.
· What types of plants will be needed? Again, this will depend on your region, how much time – if any- you want to invest in upkeep and the landscape design.
· What should I expect in regards to payment? Ideally, you should have a written contract of what the job will entail along with a payment schedule. Be sure that everything is according to your plan and needs before signing a contract.
· Can I look at the materials/plants being used for the job before they are in put in place? Any reputable landscaping company will allow this. If the company you are talking to is not agreeable to this, find another company.