Nowadays, in the rapidly changing cultural environment, physical health and fitness confront many problems, challenges and opportunities. So, there is a need to work in physical fitness to keep ourselves abreast of development.
The concept of health and fitness is not new. Fitness has its roots in the ancient period. Different people have a different opinion regarding health and fitness.
To know more about it, we have to understand what Do health and fitness mean? Nowadays, in the rapidly changing cultural environment, physical health and wellness confront many problems, challenges and opportunities. So, there is a need to work in physical fitness to keep ourselves abreast of development.
To know more about it, we have to understand what health, fitness and wellness mean?
What does health means?
There is no universally accepted definition of health, but generally, it means being healthy and free of diseases and considered the optimal state of being well. It involves a healthy balance of mind, body and spirit, which results in the overall feeling of well-being.
Health is the capability of an individual to lead a balanced life that enhances the individual’s working efficiency
What does fitness mean?
Different people have different points of views regarding fitness. For a doctor, the proper functioning of the physiological system is fitness. For a common person physical fitness means to do the routine work without any fatigue or exertion and after doing his/her work he/she has power to do some more work with quick recovery. Consequently Fitness is a simple term having broad meaning.
Fitness is the ability to function effectively and efficiently, enjoy leisure, be healthy, resists disease with possession of strength and endurance and as a result says having the best possible health to do one’s everyday task, engage in recreational activities, and meet emergencies when they arise.
What are the things required for being physically fit?
A physically fit individual should possess a sufficient reserve of energy to do any task without any fatigue. To remain physically fit we require:
- Healthy diet
- Physical activity
- Personal hygiene
- Stress management
What is the importance of fitness and health in our lives?
We all are aware of the fact that fitness and health play a vital role in our lives, as it reduces the incidence and impact of many health problems
- Physical fitness and a healthy body are significant for leading a happy and well-balanced life.
- Physically fit individuals tend to have an excellent immune system, control on breath, minimum heart disease chances, and lower resisting blood pressure.
- It reduces stress and anxiety &
- Increases and boosts up memory power &
- Increases the strength of our body, bones, and muscles get stronger.
What are the benefits of health and fitness?
Appropriately there are many benefits of health and fitness, but keeping in mind about today’s generation lifestyle
The 8 Health and Fitness Benefits to Start Now are:
- Indulging in regular physical exercise: It is usually see that most of the people avoid do any physical activity or workout in their daily life, the individual who devote only 10 minutes at a time to physical activity may reap significant benefits, especially if the exercise is a vigorous one.
- Adopting healthy eating habits: A diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole-grain cereals and bread is recommend in part such a diet is high in fibers. Eating in excess should be avoid.
- Maintaining a healthy weight by balancing the intake of calories and doing regular physical exercise helps in maintaining a healthy weight
- Quitting smoking: Smoking or tobacco use in any form increases blood pressure which may cause stroke and coronary artery disease. Avoiding tobacco helps in preventing health threats
- By developing the proper sleeping habit
- Limiting TV watching for not more than 2 hours: Watching TV reduces physical activity and increases consumption of foods and beverages high in calorie.
- Preventing the occurrence of injury: Injuries can be prevent simply by taking certain precautions such as wearing seatbelts while driving, no intoxication when driving any vehicle, etc.
- Limiting the amount of alcohol: To consume alcohol in a limited amount, may have some benefits for health but to drink in an excess day is usually harmful and may lead to health threats.